"...A Dish Best Served Coldly" is a track of the Type O Negative album Life Is Killing Me, released in 2003. This song features the acoustic guitar and choirs by Kenny Hickey, as well as what sounds like metal cooking pots embedded in it. The lyrics is about the unregrettable battle in the world with no enacted laws.
What makes you think that you have won When the battle has only just begun? Let the punishment fit the crime Bad things come to those in all good time My mistake was to put you first Deceitful bubble was so soon to burst I asked you - believe in just us Now my faith lie in mine own justice How many times must I say I'm not sorry? And how many ways can I show I don't care? Rotting bodies of enemies Cannot smell sweet enough to me What is the price of a friend Who would carry out revenge? In this bleak world of absent laws One in which the just are whores An honor to die for the truth Eye for an eye, and tooth for tooth How many times must I say I'm not sorry? And how many ways can I show I don't care?
Search and play this song on YouTube.
- Peter Steele – lead vocals, bass, keyboards
- Josh Silver – keyboards, effects, backing vocals
- Kenny Hickey – guitar, acoustic guitar, choirs, co-lead vocals
- Johnny Kelly – drums
- Written by Peter Steele
- Engineered by Josh Silver and Mike Marciano
- Mixed by Josh Silver, Peter Steele and Mike Marciano
- Mastered by George Marino
- Produced by Josh Silver and Peter Steele