"Pain" is a track of the Type O Negative album The Origin of the Feces, released in 1992. This is the altered version of "Prelude to Agony" on the last album Slow, Deep and Hard. This one sounds no different than the original apart from sound effects at the beginning and Steele at the end saying "Hey, I got some good news for you morons. This is gonna be out last song!". The lyrics is about rebelling on women after being sexually puppeted by them.
This song is split into four cantos, but there are just two musically different ones.
Canto I: Jackhammerape
Agony and ecstasy Your cries of pain my pleasure to know my machine internally Your torment I treasure Lifeblood combined with semen You're screaming my laughter The compressor is running smoothly 'Tis vengeance I'm after
Canto II: Pain (Is Irrelevant)
Canto III: Jackhammerape (revisited)
Begging becomes your love song You're dying I masturbate for the crime of burning me I give to thee jackhammerape Jackhammerape Jackhammerape Jackhammerape Jackhammerape
Canto IV: Pain (Is Irrelevant) (revisited)
Search and play this song on YouTube.
- Band performers
- Peter Steele – lead vocals, bass guitar, arrangements
- Kenny Hickey – guitar, additional vocals
- Josh Silver – keyboards, effects
- Sal Abruscato – drums
- Additional performer
- The Bensonhoist Lesbian Choir – backing vocals
- Written by Peter Steele
- Engineered and mixed by Mike Marciano
- Mastered by George Marino
- Produced by P.T. Barnum, Peter Steele and Josh Silver