FANDOM


"She Burned Me Down" is a track of the Type O Negative album Dead Again, released in 2007. It is plainly a gothic metal song having two cantos. Canto I of this song, eponymously titled "She Burned Me Down", details about the imagination of being burned to death started by his enraged girlfriend, while Canto II, titled "Start a Fire", is about getting high on drugs when his girlfriend starts a fire. Though eponymously titled, Canto I lasts just 30% of the duration of the track, while Canto II lasts the remaining 70% of the track.

Lyrics Edit

Canto I: She Burned Me Down

She burned me down, down to the ground
She burned me down, down to the ground

Blood - though thicker than water - is harder to clean up
You'll get it in the end boy if the weapon of choice is love
Expecting it from a stranger or maybe an acquaintance
Never from family or friends though a simple mistake and expense

She burned me down, down to the ground 
She burned me down, down to the ground

Pissed and disappointed I prey to learn to forgive
If I can't find it in my heart then I have no reason to live

Here is an education - the lesson professed is quite cruel
There are some things worse than death and one of them is you
Which one of them's you?

Canto II: Start a Fire

Every time I see her start a fire, I get higher
Every time I see her start a fire, I get higher
Every time, yes, every time I see, I get
Every time I see her start a fire, I get higher, higher

Every time I see her start a fire, I get higher
Every time I see her start a fire, I get higher
Every time, yes, every time I see, I get
Every time I see her start a fire, I get higher, higher

[Foreign content]

[Foreign content]

Every time, yes, every time I see, I get
Every time I see her start a fire, I get higher, higher

Every time I see her start a fire, I get higher
Every time I see her start a fire, I get high

Search and play this song on YouTube.

Personnel Edit

Band members
Production

Links to other songs Edit

Type O Negative songs
Slow, Deep and Hard "Unsuccessfully Coping with the Natural Beauty of Infidelity" · "Der Untermensch" · "Xero Tolerance" · "Prelude to Agony" · "Glass Walls of Limbo" · "The Misinterpretation of Silence and its Disastrous Consequences" · "Gravitational Constant: G = 6.67 × 10^−8 cm^−3 gm^−1 sec^−2"
The Origin of the Feces "I Know You're Fucking Someone Else" · "Are You Afraid" · "Gravity" · "Pain" · "Kill You Tonight" · "Hey Pete" · "Kill You Tonight (reprise)" · "Paranoid"
Bloody Kisses "Machine Screw" · "Christian Woman" · "Black No. 1 (Little Miss Scare-All)" · "Fay Wray Come Out and Play" · "Kill All the White People" · "Summer Breeze" · "Set Me on Fire" · "Dark Side of the Womb" · "We Hate Everyone" · "Bloody Kisses (A Death in the Family)" · "3.0.I.F." · "Too Late: Frozen" · "Blood & Fire" · "Can't Lose You" · "Suspended in Dusk" · "Black Sabbath"
October Rust "Bad Ground" · "Intro track of October Rust" · "Love You to Death" · "Be My Druidess" · "Green Man" · "Red Water (Christmas Mourning)" · "My Girlfriend's Girlfriend" · "Die with Me" · "Burnt Flowers Fallen" · "In Praise of Bacchus" · "Cinnamon Girl" · "The Glorious Liberation of the People's Technocratic Republic of Vinnland by the Combined Forces of the United Territories of Europa" · "Wolf Moon" · "Haunted" · "Outro track of October Rust"
World Coming Down "Skip It" · "White Slavery" · "Sinus" · "Everyone I Love Is Dead" · "Who Will Save the Sane?" · "Liver" · "World Coming Down" · "Creepy Green Light" · "Everything Dies" · "Lung" · "Pyretta Blaze" · "All Hallows Eve" · "Day Tripper"
Life Is Killing Me "Thir13teen" · "I Don't Wanna Be Me" · "Less than Zero (<0)" · "Todd's Ship Gods (Above All Things)" · "I Like Goils" · "...A Dish Best Served Coldly" · "How Could She?" · "Life Is Killing Me" · "Nettie" · "(We Were) Electrocute" · "IYDKMIGTHTKY (Gimme That)" · "Angry Inch" · "Anesthesia" · "Drunk in Paris" · "The Dream Is Dead" · "Out of the Fire"
Dead Again "Dead Again" · "Tripping a Blind Man" · "The Profit of Doom" · "September Sun" · "Halloween in Heaven" · "These Three Things" · "She Burned Me Down" · "Some Stupid Tomorrow" · "An Ode to Locksmiths" · "Hail and Farewell to Britain"

Ad blocker interference detected!


Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers

Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.